Michigan Outlaws 2018/2019 Tryouts
Register Online Today
Location - Lakeland High School
- Players should attend both weekday and Saturday sessions
- Player offers will conclude by 9pm Sat, Aug 12th
- If selected, mandatory parent kick-off meeting - Sun, Aug 13th (time to be provided by coach)
- Call 248-613-7122 (Michele Mueller) or 248-513-0677 (Eric Carlson) for more information
- Who: Girls between the age of 8 and 18 years of age looking for a controlled and positive environment to grow and improve their fast pitch softball skills. Our typical year consists of the following: kick-off year in September, practices begin September, start indoor season and practices through winter season, get back outside in April with practices, games, tournaments with a total season of 30 to 70 games.
- Focus/Purpose: Emphasis is to develop student/athletes resulting in better skills, discipline, increased competitiveness and being a team player. Along with this focus, an important objective is teaching the ownership of attitude and effort – all while incorporating a fun approach and environment which drives the “love for the game”
- Number of Teams: Goal is for a minimum of two teams at each level – 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U and one team at 18U
- Sign Up Period: Try-outs Monday, August 7th - Saturday, August 12th. See full schedule above
- Cost: $900 which covers all administration costs, practice/training time, minimum 7 tournaments, uniforms & gear
- Payment Period: $400 due Sunday, August 13th to secure spot. $500 balance due November
- Practice/Training: Twice-weekly practices start after Labor Day. Indoor practices/training runs from Nov-March at the Outlaw Training Facility in Waterford, MI. Outdoor spring/summer practices start in April typically held at Lakeland High School in White Lake. The Michigan Outlaws encourage multiple sport players and accommodate necessary adjustments during other sporting seasons as agreed upon with the head coach.
- Tournaments: Teams schedule 7 tournaments or more in a given season and some may require overnight stay expenses that is not included in the cost above.
- Uniforms: Players receive practice jersey, 3 game jerseys, 2 game pants, 2 belts, 2 pairs of game socks, helmet and bat pack
- Coaching Staff: The 2017/18 Season Coaching staff will be announced by Sunday, August 13th, 2017
- More Information: To really understand our schedules, our past performance, our uniforms, etc. – please surf our website and learn about the Outlaws
Michigan Outlaws Fast Pitch Softball Developmental Program
- Who is Invited? Girls between the age of 7 and 11 years of age who are not ready to play a travel summer/winter schedule of 30 to 60 games. This is not a travel team, it is strictly developmental drills and practices.
- Lead Coach: Directed by Joe Alsup, Lakeland HS Varsity Softball Coach – 1000+ Win Career
- Assistants: Various Michigan Outlaw Coaches and High School/College Players
- Number of Roster Spots: There are 30 spots available
- Focus/Purpose: Emphasis is on proper mechanics for throwing, fielding, and hitting. It is like a head start program to get young girls to improve on their skills quickly.
- Objective 1: Provide environment and teaching in preparation of travel softball possibilities
- Objective 2: Teaching players to enjoy the game of softball with fun drills and practices
- Cost: $250 (includes all practice/training time plus Outlaw T-shirt)
- Payment Period: $100 Deposit due on Sunday, August 13th to reserve one of 30 spots. Remaining balance due at first practice
- Duration: Weekly practices starting in October – March (November – March is indoors at Outlaw Training Facility in Waterford, MI)
- Extra Bonus: Girls will have the ability to play in their own recreation leagues in the spring
- Call 248-739-4449 (Joe Alsup) for more information